Love trifles here; how about trying this pear & ginger trifle recipe out?
Time 25 minutes plus cooling
Per portion: 437 Kcal
30g fat (16g saturated)
You will need:
- Pears 450g (1lb), peeled, cored and sliced
- Cider 150ml (¼ pint)
- Soft brown sugar 50g (2oz)
- Jamaica ginger cake ½ loaf, sliced
- Custard 450ml (¾ pint), cooled
- Double cream 250ml (9fl oz), whipped
- Orange and lime 1 of each, grated zest to decorate (optional)
- Put the pears in a pan with the cider and sugar. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the pears are soft, then leave to cool.
- Arrange the ginger cake in a glass serving dish and pour the pears and cider over the top. Top with cooled custard and leave to set.
- Spoon whipped cream around the edge of the custard and sprinkle with orange and lime zest, if using. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe taken from Dairy Diary Favourites cookbook, which celebrates 35 years of much-loved Dairy Diary recipes. See Dairy Diary for more information. No payment was received.