How fun are these Pumpkin Streusel Muffins? With Halloween just around the corner...
Time 1¼ hrs
Fat 12g of which
7.1g is saturated
You will need:
- Butter 150g (5oz)
- Plain flour 300g (11oz)
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
- Caster sugar 110g (4oz)
- Eggs 2 large, beaten
- Milk 200ml (7fl oz)
- Pumpkin 275g (10oz), peeled, deseeded and grated.
- Raisins 75g (3oz)
- Self-raising flour 50g (2oz)
- Demerara sugar 50g (2oz)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°fan/Gas 5 and place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin. Melt 110g (4oz) butter.
- n a large mixing bowl sift plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon, then stir in caster sugar. Make a well in centre and pour in eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir until just combined, then fold in pumpkin and raisins. Spoon into muffin cases.
- In a separate bowl rub remaining butter into self-raising flour then stir in demerara sugar.
- Sprinkle over batter in cases then bake for 30-40 minutes until risen and golden.
- Leave in muffin tin for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe taken from Dairy Diary Favourites cookbook, which celebrates 35 years of much-loved Dairy Diary recipes. See Dairy Diary for more information. No payment was received.