Shredded Turkey Salad with Fresh Mint, Miso Kale, Flaked Almonds, Avocado and Pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or rice wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g of kale
- 2 British turkey breasts
- 2 tsp of butter or coconut oil
- 15g of toasted flaked almonds
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped mint
- Add the miso, honey, sesame oil, vinegar and lemon juice to a medium bowl, whisking to combine. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Finely chop the kale into thin slithers and place in a large bowl, and drizzle over ¾ if the dressing. Using your hands, work the vinaigrette throughout the greens, tossing and massaging for 3 minutes until the kale wilts. The leaves should be glistening with vinaigrette, not swimming in it. Leave this to the side while you make the rest of the salad.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan. Season the turkey with salt and pepper and pan roast for 6 minutes each side until cooked through. Leave to the side to cool.
- Cut the avocado in chunks and dip in the rest of the dressing. Mix the avocado with the kale.
- Remove the pomegranate seeds and mix with the salad. Shred the turkey and mix in with the salad, throw over the flaked almond and freshly chopped mint and serve.
- Shredded Turkey Salad with fresh mint, miso kale, flaked almonds, avocado and pomegranate
601kcals, 37g fat, 8g saturated fat, 49g protein, 4.5g fibre, 15g carbohydrate, 11g added sugar, 1.7g salt