SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS:
Contains gluten (wheat), milk, nuts, egg, soya. Does NOT contain gelatin or alcohol.
- 110g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g caster sugar
- 10g cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 25g ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 avocado, mashed well
- 1 avocado
- 100g cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 150g honey
- 150g maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 Double Deckers
- Freeze-dried raspberry
- 10g rice krispies
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (160 degrees fan). Grease the baking tin well with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler with two inches level of simmering water (the bottom of the bowl must not touch the water). You may use a microwave to melt the chocolate in 10 second bursts and stirring in between till melted. Set aside.
- Place sugar and eggs in the stand mixer bowl and whisk on medium speed till light and fluffy for approx. 5 minutes.
- Stir the cocoa, almonds, vanilla and avocado into the melted chocolate and then add the mixture to the eggs and sugar and whisk till you reach a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into the greased tin and smooth over to level. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the tin before releasing and cutting into 20 squares.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blix, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to combine well. Mix till smooth and glossy.
- Chop the Double Deckers and melt over a double boiler, stirring well. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the melted Double Decker mix into the middle. Place another parchment paper over the mix and flatten with a rolling pin to 1-2mm thickness. Place in fridge to set.
- Prepare a piping bag with a small closed star tip and fill it with the frosting. Pipe the frosting along the edges of each brownie square with even pressure and flood into the middle.
- Break off shards from the set Double Decker brittle and place a few atop each brownie. Sprinkle over raspberry powder and crushed rice krispies.