Lyle’s Beany Goulash
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 to 6
Guest post from Tate and Lyle. No payment was received.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200g smoked diced bacon pieces
- 500g carton passata, (sieved tomatoes)
- 150ml chicken stock
- 420g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 420g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp Lyle's Treacle
- 1 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 1 tsp smoked mild or hot paprika (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat the oven to 180C/160Cfan/ gas 4. In a flameproof casserole cook the onions in the oil over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring. Add the bacon pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes until they begin to colour.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to simmer. Cover and place in the oven to cook for 1 hour. Alternatively simmer on the hob for 40 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread if liked.