You may have tried bread and butter pudding but have you tried savoury cheese bread & butter pudding?
You will need:
- 1 loaf sourdough, sliced
- 1 jar cranberry sauce
- 150g cheeses, selection of your choice
- Few sprigs of rosemary
- 3 eggs
- 500ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 100g hard cheese e.g. cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Arrange the bread slices horizontally in a deep baking tray and spoon in the cranberry sauce in between each slice of bread .
- Add the cheeses of your choice followed by some sprigs of rosemary.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk and grated cheddar cheese and carefully pour over the bread.
- Allow the bread to soak up the mixture for a few minutes.
- Bake for 45 mins or until set with a golden brown crust and allow the pudding to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with a few additional spoonfuls of cranberry sauce and rosemary sprigs.