Tarantula eggs with venom dip
- 6 large Waitrose Columbian Blacktail Eggs
- 150g pack essential Waitrose Blueberries
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp Sacla Sun-dried Tomato Paste
- Place the eggs and blueberries snugly in a pan and just cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Lift out an egg and lay on a piece of folded kitchen paper. Lightly crack the shell with the handle of a wooden spoon and return to the pan. Repeat with all the eggs.
- Continue to cook the eggs for a further 5 minutes then turn off the heat and leave the eggs to cool completely in the water.
- Drain and shell the eggs to reveal the cobweb effect. Ripple together the crème fraîche and sun-dried tomato paste to create the venom dip then serve with the eggs.
- 150g are enough blueberries to make 12 tarantula eggs provided they are packed snugly in the pan so you don’t need to add too much water.