Fancy trying this Welsh Lamb loin chops stuffed with Stilton served with chunky veg wedges recipe out?
- 4-6 lean Welsh Lamb loin chops
- 50g (2oz) Stilton cheese or other similar blue cheese, cut into 6 thick slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Rosemary sprigs or cocktail sticks
- Chunky Roast Veg: Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, beetroot, carrots – use a selection of your favourite vegetables, cut into chunky wedges
- Preheat oven to Gas 6, 200ºC, 400ºF.
- Place the vegetables on a large baking tray, spread out into a single layer and drizzle with olive oil and a little salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes until tender and golden. Tempting to eat them there and then but resist!
- Place the chops on a board, and using a sharp knife carefully make a slit in the fat side of each chop to create a shallow pocket.
- Take a slice of cheese and push into the pocket. Use the rosemary sprigs or cocktail sticks to secure the cheese in place. Rub the outside of each chop with a little olive oil and season.
- Place under a preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes each side until cooked through and browned. Some melted cheese will probably escape into the grill pan, scoop it up and spoon onto the cooked chops. Or if no-one is looking spoon it into your mouth!
Guest post credits: Eat Welsh Lamb And Welsh Beef. No payment was received.