Edd Kimber Porridge Recipe:
Apple Pie Porridge...
Apple Pie Porridge:
- 240g Quaker Oats
- 1,500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 15g unsalted butter
- 10g light brown sugar
- pinch of flaked sea salt
- 50g quaker oats
Caramelised Apples (serves 6):
- 2 gala apples, peeled cored and diced
- 40g tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- juice of 1 lemon
- To make the toasted oat crumble place the butter and sugar into a small saucepan and melt.
- Add the salt and the oats and stir until the oats have turned a golden brown colour and smell nice and toasty.
- Tip the toasted oats into a small bowl and set aside until needed. As they cool they’ll become nice and crunchy.
- To caramelize the apples place all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and cook, stirring regularly until all the liquid has been absorbed and the apples are tender. The apples will remain nice and tender, just like an apple pie rather than reduce to a compote.
- Pour into a small bowl and set aside until needed. Serve the apples preferably hot.
- Put the Quaker Gluten Free oats into a saucepan, pour in the semi-skimmed milk.
- Bring it to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, by stirring it continuously.
- Once the porridge is ready top with the apple caramelised apples and sprinkle over the oat crumble