One for the weekend as a nice snack, lunchtime treat or tea time party food.
This is a wonderfully quick and aromatic way to introduce strawberries into a savoury snack. The parmesan works really well with the strawberries and balsamic with the savoury sourdough being the perfect base.
Serves: 4 as a snack or 2 as a light lunch
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 200g of quartered strawberries
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 slices of thinly cut parma ham
- 100g of parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 tbsp of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- a small handful of basil leaves
- black pepper to season
What to do:
- Firstly, hull and quarter the strawberries and set aside.
- Toast the sourdough bread and then place on a serving platter. Arrange the parma ham on top of each slice of bread, top with some strawberries and then sprinkle with the parmesan shavings.
- Finally, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle with the basil leaves and some freshly cracked black pepper.
*No Payment was received*