- 500g cooked turkey meat (drumsticks and breast)
- 60g button mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 45ml sunflower or olive oil
- 5 tsp crushed black pepper
- 45ml sherry or wine vinegar
- 45ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 175ml gravy or thick chicken stock
- 45ml cranberry juice
- 8 slices rustic bread, thinly sliced and toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pull turkey pieces apart. Heat sherry vinegar, maple syrup and pepper together until reduced by three quarters.
- In a different pan, add oil and sauté onions with mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix gravy with the vinegar reduction, add onions and mushrooms, then pulled turkey.
- Adjust seasoning. Add cranberry juice to loosen the mixture.
- Place slice of bread on each plate. Place pulled turkey on top of each slice of bread.
- Cover with second slice of bread.
- he cranberry juice can be omitted if the consistency is fine as is.
Recipe c/o Pure Maple Syrup From Canada.