Roasted Plum and Fennel Porridge.
- 40g Quaker Oats
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
Roasted Plums (serve 8):
- 4 red plums, cut into eighths
- 35g tbsp light brown sugar
- 15g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp roughly chopped pistachios
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- To roast the plums place the sliced plums into a small roasting dish and sprinkle over the sugar and the butter.
- In a mortar and pestle lightly grind the fennel seeds. They don't have to be a powder, just broken open to release the flavor.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the plums.
- Place the roasting dish into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the fruit occasionally until soft and tender but still holding their shape.
- Put the Quaker Gluten Free oats into a saucepan, pour in the semi-skimmed milk.
- Bring it to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, by stirring it continuously.
- Once the porridge is ready pour a portion into a bowl and top with 4 slices of plum and a little of the syrup from the pan.
- Sprinkle over the pistachios and serve.
*Recipe c/o Edd Kimber Recipes for Quaker*