Fancy making some Spicy Sausage Soup?
Ingredients (serves 2):
- ½ a green bell pepper
- 600ml chicken broth
- 200g tinned diced tomatoes
- 4 pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 100g spinach
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add sausage and cook until seared and slightly browned.
- Slice the green pepper into pieces, then add to the pot. Stir everything together well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes and jalapenos and stir again. Then, add the spinach and place the lid on the pot.
- Once wilted, add the spices and broth. Replace the lid and cook for 30 minutes, reducing heat to medium-low.
- Remove the lid from the pan and let simmer for 15 minutes, then serve.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Atkins*
*No Payment was received*