Fancy trying these Star of Valencia Tarts?
These individual sweet pastry tarts (shop bought for ease) are filled with a mixture of ground almonds, orange zest and juice, egg yolks and sugar – with sliced Persimon® arranged in a star shape. Serve them sprinkled with icing sugar. Yum!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
You will need:
- 6 individual sweet pastry tart cases
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g ground almonds
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 Spanish Persimon®, trimmed and sliced
- Icing sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Put the pastry cases onto a baking sheet.
- Beat the egg yolks together, then stir in the ground almonds, orange zest, orange juice and sugar. Share this mixture between the tarts and spread it out evenly.
- Arrange the Persimon® on the tarts to look like star shapes. Sprinkle with icing sugar, then bake for 20-25 minutes until the filling has set. Cool for about 10 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with extra icing sugar.
Cook’s tip: Serve with whipped cream, crème fraiche or thick Greek yogurt for a delicious finishing touch