We love making fun trifles for a special weekend treat or party idea. Home made ones tastes so good too. They always remind me of Christmas as every year when I was little you could guarantee a nice big home made trifle on our Christmas tea party table. Then we would go to grandmas house on Boxing day and she would have made one too.
- 1 pack strawberry Jelly ( that make 1 pint of jelly)
- 8 Trifle sponge fingers
- 4 Clementine juiced
- 411g Tin of Fruit Cocktail
- 1 Pint of home made custard (made up)
- 4 Clementines pealed and separated
- 250 ml Double cream
- 4 Chocolates chunks
- Make up jelly by putting broken jelly pieces into a jug and adding half a pint of boiling water, stir until all jelly has melted.
- Squeeze 4 clementines, sieve the juice and stir into the jelly, make up to 1 pint of liquid with water leave for a while to cool.
- Place the fruit cocktail into a sieve and drain all juice from the fruit (if not the jelly will not set properly) pick out 4 cherries and set aside for the top.
- Break a trifle sponge for each into 4 and place at the bottom of the tall glass, divide the fruit cocktail into all 4 glasses then repeat with the 2nd trifle sponge.
- Now the jelly should have cooled tip over the fruit and sponges evenly into 4 glasses.
- Place in a refrigerator until completely set.
- Make up 1 pint of custard according to custard packet and set aside to cool and set.
- Once everything is completely set add the custard to the 4 glasses.
- Peel the clementines removing any pips and place one on top of each trifle around the outside of the custard.
- Place the cream in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Spoon onto the clementines.
- Grate the chocolates with a fine nutmeg grater and sprinkle onto each placing the saved cherries in the middle.