Waffles with Berries & Greek Honey Yogurt: This sweet vanilla waffles recipe is best served with juicy berries and sumptuous honey yogurt.
Makes: 8 waffles
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Equipment needed: Sieve, bowl, spatula, waffle iron
- 250g self raising flour, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 2 egg, separated
- 80g unsalted butter
- 200ml milk
- 180g Rachel’s Organic Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
- A few drops of vanilla extract
To Serve: Rachel’s Greek Style Honey Yogurt Berries of your choice
- Mix the flour with the salt and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg yolk, melted butter, milk and yogurt and vanilla extract and beat to a smooth batter.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and then fold into the batter.
- Heat the waffle iron until very hot and pour enough batter to cover the surface.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for a couple of minutes each side. When cooked the waffle should be golden brown, crisp and easily removed from the iron.
- Serve with fresh berries and a large serving of Rachel’s Greek Style honey yogurt.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Rachel’s*
*No Payment was received*