Welsh Lamb Leg Steaks with Autumn chutney.
- 4 lean Welsh lamb leg steaks
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½" (1.25cm) root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 plums, stoned and roughly chopped
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and
- 150ml (¼pt) red fruit juice, e.g. blueberry, cranberry, etc
- 50g (2oz) soft dark brown sugar
- In a small pan heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, cook for a few minutes until softened. Add plums, apple, fruit juice and sugar. Simmer for about 10 minutes until reduced and slightly sticky.
- Season the lamb steaks. Preheat a grill or griddle plate and cook lamb steaks for about 4-6 minutes each side (depending on thickness of steak).
- When cooked place on a plate, add a small knob of butter to the top of each steak and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve steak with buttery juices, Autumn Chutney and seasonal vegetables.
Guest post credits: Eat Welsh Lamb And Welsh Beef. No payment was received.