Creamy Cavolo Nero And Chestnut Stir Fry...
Serve with sherry.
Try this recipe with an Oloroso or Palo Cortado sherry. Both kinds are dry but rich and well matched to creamy foods as well as more traditional tapas. They will also pick up the rounded nuttiness of the chestnuts.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (180g)
- 2 x 200g packs cavolo nero, shredded
- 200g pack chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 180g pack low fat cheese
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche (100g)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 2 minutes, add the cavolo nero, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts and cinnamon and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the soft cheese and crème fraiche and cook for 1 minute, season.
Recipe c/o Discover Cavolo Nero