Slow Cooked Curried Shoulder of Welsh Lamb...
- 1 approx 2.5kg shoulder Welsh lamb
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1” (2½cm) piece root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) garam masala or medium curry powder
- 5ml (1tsp) chilli powder
- 400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes
- 400g (approx) can chick peas
- 300ml (½pt) lamb stock
- 2 large potatoes, washed and cut into large cubes
- 2 large handfuls Spinach
- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Heat a large roasting pan on the hob and add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Add the shoulder of lamb and brown well.
- Add the spices and coat meat in them well. Add the tomatoes, chick peas, stock and potatoes. Bring to the boil, cover with foil and place in preheated oven. Cook for about 2 hours until the meat falls off the bone. Add the spinach in the last 10 minutes of cooking and allow to just wilt slightly.
- Serve in chunks with Indian breads or steamed rice
Recipe c/o Eat Welsh Lamb