Sprouts are a must at Christmas aren't they?
Looking for a Sprout And Chestnut Gratin recipe to try out?
This is a great dish to make in advance, to save time on Christmas day. If made in Pyrex Glass storage it can be cooked in the oven then left to cool and safely stored in a fridge or freezer ready to be re-heated when needed.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Product: Cook and Store
- 700g sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 250 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 75g mature cheddar cheese, grated
25g mature cheddar cheese, grated
1small slice wholemeal bread made into crumbs
50g cooked, whole peeled chestnuts, chopped roughly
1. Cook the sprouts in boiling water for 5 minutes until tender, drain. Preheat the oven to Gas 5, 190 C.
2. Put the butter, flour and milk into a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring all the time until thickened, add the wine and heat, stirring for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
3. Mix with the sprouts and place into the Pyrex 4 in 1 dish.
4. Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the sprouts.
5. Cook in the preheated oven for 10 minutes (without the lid) until golden brown.
Recipe c/o Pyrex.