Fancy making some Breakfast Pancakes with Crispy Bacon?
- 2 eggs
- 5 - 7 tbsp milk
- 150g/5oz self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle® Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 150g pack sliced pancetta
- 4 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup®
- coarsely ground black pepper
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Place the flour, sugar and salt in large bowl, make a well in the centre, pour in the liquid and mix beat with wooden spoon to make a smooth, thick batter. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a non-stick frying pan until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat a little oil in a separate frying pan. Carefully drop large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the hot frying pan and cook for 2 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Slide the pancakes onto serving plates and top with the bacon. Drizzle over the golden syrup, sprinkle with pepper and serve.
TIP: Pancetta is a smoked, streaky Italian bacon usually available sliced wafer-thin or roughly diced. If you can¹t get hold of it, use regular smoked streaky bacon.
This recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Lyles Golden Syrup