Fancy making some Chocolate and almond biscotti?
Recipe courtesy of Braun Household
- 200g plain flour
- 80g dark cocoa powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 whole eggs
- Grated zest of half an orange
- 100g peeled almonds, lightly toasted
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Put the flour, cocoa, sugar, dark chocolate, orange zest, baking powder and a ½ teaspoon of salt into a blender and blend to a powder.
- Add this powder to the eggs and mix until the mixture forms a dough.
- Tip the dough onto a counter dusted with flour, add the almonds and knead until smooth.
- Divide into 4 and shape into flat, rectangles.
- Lift them onto a paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, then leave to cool.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the baked dough into bitesize pieces.
- Place on a clean baking sheet and bake them for a second time for 15 minutes, turning once until crisp.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and store for up to 10 days in an airtight container.
- For an extra touch, dip half of each biscotti into melted white chocolate and allow to cool.
About this post:
This recipe courtesy of Braun Household.