Fancy making some Golden Syrup Pancakes?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
You will need:
- 300ml full fat milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 25g butter, melted
- Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
- Put the milk and eggs into a jug and whisk together.
- Put the flour into a large bowl, and make a hallow in the centre. Gradually pour the milk mixture into the centre, whisking as you pour continue whisking until you have a smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Alternatively put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- To cook the pancakes, use a non-stick 18cm pan for best results.
- Heat the pan on medium heat until there is a slight haze coming from it.
- Brush the pan with butter or oil then pour in abut 70ml of batter, use a small ladle if available.
- Tilt the pan so the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is golden.Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give a little shake – it should come loose and move in the pan.
- Either flip the pancake or turn it over using a fish slice, then cook for a further minute.
- Continue to cook more pancakes in the same way.
Classic Pancake Topping:
Lyle’s Golden Syrup
My favourite is freshly squeezed orange juice and syrup!!
Fold the pancakes loosely and drizzle over the Golden Syrup. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice and serve.
Recipe c/o Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
This recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Lyles Golden Syrup