Fancy making some hearty kale soup. Perfect for serving in a mug on cold days.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
You will need:
- 75g pearl barley
- 1.4 litre vegetable stock
- 1 leek, thickly sliced (200g)
- 1 carrot, diced (150g)
- 2 sticks celery, sliced (100g)
- 250g pack Kale
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cook the barley in the stock gently for 30 minutes in a large covered saucepan or until just tender. Add the vegetables, cover and cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and season to taste.
- For a quicker cooked soup, replace the barley with basmati rice or macaroni.
Recipe c/o Discover Kale