Lamb Valentine Steaks with Redcurrant and Orange Sauce.
Bring out your romantic side and serve your loved one a “valentine” steak for a date night at home.
Cut from the tender lamb loin, valentine steaks are essentially two chops butterflied and flattened to make one chop instead of two.
Their swoon-some shape are just perfect for showing you care.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: Under 20 minutes
- 4 lean lamb valentine steaks, cutlets or chops
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 150ml good, hot lamb stock
- Grated zest and juice of ½ orange
- 1tbsp redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick griddle pan. Mix the seasoning and coriander together. Dust the steaks on both sides with the mixture.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce; in the same pan cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, orange zest and juice and redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Pour any meat juices from the plate to the pan with the sauce.
- Serve the steaks with herb mash and steamed curly kale or broccoli.