Love the Crunch noodle kilner jar salad: This tasty Asian inspired salad packs a real crunch thanks to the celery, radishes, spring onions and Chinese leaf lettuce. Make it up the night before for a quick, easy and delicious lunch on the go.
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
For the salad:
- 100g fresh noodles
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced into wedges
- Large handful of frozen soya beans
- 3 leaves of Chinese leaf lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 spring onion, sliced
What to do:
- In a bowl whisk all the dressing ingredients with a splash of water until smooth. Pour into the bottom of the jar. Defrost the soya beans in boiling water then drain.
- Layer the noodles on top of the dressing, then the celery and radish, then soya beans and top with the crunchy spring onions and Chinese leaf lettuce. To serve, tip everything into a bowl and give a good stir.
- Chef’s tip: Soya beans can be found in the freezer section of most supermarkets.
- The key to jar salads is the order they are put into the jar. Put the dressing in the bottom and then layer firmer vegetables at the bottom, the protein in the middle and the leafy greens at the top so they don’t get wet.
Recipe c/o Love The Crunch