Fancy trying out this LOVE life chicken and leek patchwork pie recipe?
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:50 minutes
- Olive oil spray
- 500g leeks, sliced
- 400g British chicken breast chunks
- 250ml chicken stock
- 250ml skimmed milk, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 300g frozen peas
- 300g frozen broccoli florets, defrosted slightly and cut into smaller pieces
- 30g reduced fat soft cheese with garlic & herbs
- ½ x 320g pack Jus-Rol light puff pastry sheet
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Spray a large saucepan with oil and cook the leeks and chicken for 5 minutes until the leeks are softened and the chicken golden.
2. Add the stock and milk, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat. Add the sauce flour to the pan, bring to the boil and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until smooth and thickened.
3. Stir in the peas, broccoli and soft cheese, then tip into an ovenproof pie dish. Sit the dish on a baking sheet.
4. Cut the pastry into 12 squares and arrange on top of the filling – the pastry should overlap a little in places but not cover the filling completely.
5. Brush the pastry squares with milk and bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is piping hot.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose. Find more healthy eating recipes at Waitrose