Want to try this Mexican Quinoa & Kale Bowl?
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 175g quinoa
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 250g pack Kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- 300g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g pack fresh tomato salsa
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 lime
- Cook the quinoa in stock for 15 minutes, drain off any excess liquid. Meanwhile, cook the kale in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and stir into the quinoa and season. Place in the base of a heatproof serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the chicken and chilli powder for 5-6 minutes, add the kidney beans, salsa and tomatoes and cook for 1 minute or until the chicken is cooked throughout. Spoon on top of the quinoa.
- Mash the avocado with the chilli sauce and juice of half the lime, season and spoon over the chicken. Serve with the remaining half lime cut into wedges.
- Try using couscous or bulgar wheat instead of quinoa and use minced beef instead of chicken. For extra chilli heat, use hot chilli powder.