Fancy trying out these Potato and Salmon balls with Mozzarella?
Makes 6 balls
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time : 15 Minutes
- 120g Maris piper/Rooster, peeled and cubed
- 1 tin of pink salmon, drained
- zest of ½ lemon
- 30g mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 cubes
- 1 egg beaten
- 20g plain flour
- 20g polenta
For the sauce:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large, very ripe tomatoes (not beef toms)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 basil leaves
- 1tbsp olive oil
How to do it:
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes until tender. Drain, mash and cool.
- In a mixing bowl add the cooled potato, drained tinned salmon, lemon zest and a little seasoning. Divided the mixture into 6 balls. Place a ball in the palm of your hands and push a piece of the mozzarella into the centre, then form back into a ball.
- Toss the ball in the flour, followed by the egg and then into the polenta. Repeat the process so you have a double layer on each ball.
- Cook the balls in a pre-heated oven, 190*c / gas 4 for about 12-15 minutes
- To make the sauce fry the onion and garlic over a low-ish heat in the the olive oil until soft. Add the copped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Tear in the basil. If you want a smooth sauce you can blend it or you can leave it as it coarse.
- Serve with fresh crisp salad.