Fancy trying out this Ratatouille With Grilled Mackerel recipe?
Product: Pyrex Cook & Go
- 1 red pepper
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, bruised
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbl tomato paste
- Salt, pepper, thyme
- 1tbl balsamic vinegar
To prepare the mackerel:
- 2 mackerel fillets
- Rosemary chopped
1. Sprinkle the mackerel fillets with a pinch of salt, sugar and rosemary then let them rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cut all of the vegetables into chunks and mix in the tomato paste.
3. Roast at 150C for 80 minutes until the vegetables soften.
4. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the vegetables and stir gently.
5. Turn the oven up to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and roast for a further 10 minutes to caramelise.
6. Remove the rosemary before cooking the mackerel skin side up on foil under a hot grill until crispy.
7. Check the underside of mackerel after about 4-5 minutes, when the underside is no longer pink it is cooked.
8. Serve on top of the ratatouille and add torn basil leaves.