Fancy making a Sausage And Kale Pie?
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
You will need:
- 700g King Edward potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 25g butter
- 50ml semi skimmed milk
- 250g pack Kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- 450g sausagemeat
- 1 onion, sliced (150g)
- 1 eating apple, cored and sliced (175g)
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender, drain and return to the pan, mash with the butter and milk then season.
- Meanwhile, cook the kale in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain. Roughly chop half and stir into the mash.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausagemeat, onion and apple for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the sausagemeat. Stir in the remaining kale and transfer to an ovenproof dish. Spoon over the kale mash and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
Try using sweet potato instead of potato for a change. Try using a pack of flavoured sausages instead, just remove the skin and fry with the onion and apple.
Recipe c/o Discover Kale