Fancy making this Warm Potato and Tuna salad? The combination of kale, sun dried tomatoes and baby potatoes works perfectly in this hearty, nutritious salad.
Low fat/low sat fat, low sodium.
Total time (prep & cooking) 20 minutes
- 350g Salad/Baby potatoes (such as Charlotte or Maris Peer), slice in half
- 2 tins of tuna in spring water
- 50g black pitted olives
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 150g runner beans, sliced into 2cm pieces
- 50g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g curly Kale, roughly chopped
- 20g sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
How to do it:
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water with a lid and when ready drain and leave to cool. Once cooled cut the potatoes into bite size pieces.
- While the potatoes are cooking, slice the onion and drain the tuna.
- In a fresh saucepan of slightly salted water cook the runner beans for 4-5 minutes then add the kale and cook for 10 seconds and drain.
- In a large serving bowl, add the potatoes, runner beans, kale and red onion. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the tuna, sundried tomatoes and black olives, lightly mix and serve with a scattering of sunflower seeds.
Recipe c/o Love Potatoes. ‘Potatoes: more than a bit on the side’ campaign.