- 375g blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp water
- 700ml Onken Coconut yogurt
- 75g pistachio nuts
- A handful of blueberries and pistachio nuts for decoration (optional)
- Place the blueberries, maple syrup and water saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 - 10 minutes or until the fruit is very soft and syrupy. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the berry mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Allow to cool a little before placing in the fridge until completely chilled.
- Pour the coconut yogurt into a large bowl. Add the cooled blueberry mixture, stirring until fully combined. Roughly chop the nuts and fold into the yogurt mixture. Pour the mix into a freezer-proof container and place in the freezer. After 45 minutes or so, take the container out of the freezer and whisk with a fork to break up any ice particles. Repeat this process every 45 minutes 3-4 times.
- When ready to serve, take the container out of the freezer to allow the contents to soften for 15 mins or so before scoop into balls and serving with a garnish of chopped pistachio nuts and blueberries.