Want to know how to make Black Cherry Chocolate Pancakes?
- 125g self-raising flour
- 10g cocoa powder, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk
- Few drops of vegetable oil
- 150ml double cream
- 1 x 410g can Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling
1. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl and stir in the caster sugar.
2. Add the egg and milk, then use a hand whisk to beat the mixture together to make a smooth batter.
3. Heat 2-3 drops of vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Use the batter to make 8 small pancakes, cooking them in batches. To cook, add small ladlefuls of batter to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface. Turnover and cook for 1-2 more minutes until set. Set aside on kitchen paper until all the pancakes are cooked.
4. Whip the cream in a chilled bowl until it holds its shape. Sandwich two pancakes together per person with half the whipped cream and Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling. Top with the rest of the cream and cherries. Serve, sprinkled with a little cocoa powder.