Honey and Soy Glazed Roasted Shallots and Sausages. Sweet, savoury, sticky and totally irresistible, this quick to make supper dish is a great mid-week staple.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 8 good quality pork sausages
- 16 shallots, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsps runny honey
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps flaked almonds (optional)
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 bag of watercress for serving
What to do:
- Pre heat oven 200c /180c fan /gas 4. Place the sausages and shallots in a roasting tin, add the oil and turn until lightly coated.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, drain away any excess fat, turn the sausages and shallots, drizzle over the soy sauce and honey.
- Continue to cook for another 10 minutes, turn the sausages and shallots in the sauce then sprinkle over the almonds and add the cherry tomatoes, cook for another 10 minutes, or slightly longer until the sauce is sticky and the almonds lightly golden.
- Scatter with watercress and serve with creamy mashed potato.
Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot