Add a Mexican twist to your asparagus by adding this superb lime and sour cream glaze. Pop it on the barbecue or onto a griddle pan and you’re good to go.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 bunch British asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- ½ lime
- 20g parmesan, finely grated
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
What to do:
- Brush the asparagus with oil and cook on the barbecue for 5 minutes, turning regularly. Meanwhile combine the sour cream and lime juice, and in a separate bowl combine the cheese and spices.
- Once the asparagus is cooked, brush each with the sour cream mixture then sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
- Add a little more or less spice to suit your taste.
Recipe and image courtesy of British Asparagus