Want to know how to make Quorn Meat Free chicken pieces & quinoa stuffed pumpkin?
Follow the recipe below :
For the topping:
- 300g quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces
- 1 pumpkin or 2 smaller ones
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ras al Hanout (Moroccan seasoning)
- ½ - 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 150g quinoa
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cut the pumpkin into 4 slices (or into 2 if using smaller ones) and scoop out the seeds. Brush lightly with half of the oil and bake for 20-25 minutes until tender but still holding shape.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, Ras al Hanout, Cayenne pepper and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, pomegranate molasses and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then simmer or 10 minutes. Stir in the Quorn pieces and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the pumpkin cavity and top with a dollop of natural yoghurt
Tip: The Quorn and Quinoa filling can be made in advance and frozen.