Rocket, Lentil and Pancetta Buddha Bowl
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1x 110g bag baby leaf salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 75g pack of pancetta (bacon will do)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 400g can green lentils, drained
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
- Bring a pan of water up to boiling point. You need enough water to cover the eggs. Once boiling, gently lower the eggs into the water and simmer for exactly 1 minute. Turn off the heat, put the lid on and leave in the hot water for 5 ½ minutes, for a runny yolk. Drain and run under cold water until cold enough to handle.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in non-stick frying pan add the pancetta and onion and sauté for 4mins or until golden and crisp. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add the lentils, vinegar, the mustard and seasoning.
- Put a quarter of the salad leaves in each bowl, add the lentil, tomato and pancetta mixture. Peel the eggs, cut in half and lay on top of the salad. Serve straight away.
Recipe and image courtesy of Make More Of Salad