Shallot, Cherry Tomato and Mascarpone Pizza: Perfect for a supper with friends, easy and quick to make; the shallots can be prepared ahead of time and everything simply thrown together at the last minute.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 12 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ready-made pizza base or use flatbreads
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g Godminster cheddar cheese, grated
- Rocket leaves, to serve
What to do:
- Pre heat oven 200c/ 180c fan/ Gas 6. Place the shallots in a frying pan, add the olive oil and cook gently until softened and beginning to brown, approx 10-15 mins, cool a little.
- Spread the pizza base with the mascarpone cheese, top with the shallots, cherry tomatoes and the grated cheese.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden and melting, serve straight from the oven sprinkled with rocket.
Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot