Vegetable and Goats Cheese Naanchilada. So much tastier that an enchilada and much lighter as it is filled with griddled vegetables and goats cheese with a little yoghurt to bring it all together.
A lovely light but satisfying meal.
Great for children but also for adults.
You can change up the vegetables or even the cheese used as long as they are all thinly sliced.
- 1 packet of The Spice Tailor Plain Naan
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small courgette, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 6 chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 rounded tbs. tomato puree
- 3 tbs. thick Greek yoghurt or low fat crème fraiche
- 50g soft goat’s cheese or feta
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large griddle pan and place the onions and mushrooms on top, season lightly and cook until soft, wilted and charred, add 1/2 tsp. of the extra virgin oil and stir together. Scoop up and place in a bowl. Place the courgettes on top, season lightly and cook turning once until it has charred ridges on both sides and is cooked through, again drizzle over another ½ tsp. oil. Cook for another minute or so and place on the mushrooms.
- Turn the heat down on the griddle pan. Brush the flat sides of the naan with the remaining oil then place, puffy spotted side up. Spread over the tomato puree and then the Greek yoghurt. Top evenly with the vegetables, grind over some fresh black pepper and dot over the goats/feta cheese. Place the other naan on top, flat side up.
- Place on the griddle pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the base is a little crisp and has charred marks, carefully flip over and repeat on this side until it is also crisp. Place straight on your chopping board and cut with a sharp knife into 4 or 6 wedges and serve hot.
Recipe and image courtesy of The Spice Tailor.