Fancya nice treat? Today I have Lime & Coconut Yogurt Cake.
Recipe and image courtesy of Onken
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 60ml lime juice
- 280g Onken Coconut yogurt
- 385g caster sugar
- 300g self raising flour
- 160g icing sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 - 3 tsp boiling water
- Zest of a lime
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF). Grease 6 (8.5 fl oz / 240 ml) mini bundt tins or one large 24cm non-stick bundt tin and set aside.
- Mix the vegetable oil, eggs, lime zest, lime juice, Onken coconut yogurt and sugar in a large bowl using a whisk. Sift in the flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into bundt tins and bake in the oven for approx 25 - 35 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch. If using the larger tin, allow 45 - 55 minutes. Test they are cooked by inserting a skewer. If it comes out clean, with no wet mixture, they are ready.
- Allow the cakes to cool a little in the tins, before remove and inverting the cakes onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the lime icing, mix the sugar and lime juice adding the boiling water bit by bit until you have a smooth runny consistency. Place a tray underneath your cooling rack before drizzling over the icing, allowing it to run down the sides of the cake. While the icing is still in its liquid state, finely grate over some lime zest. Allow the icing to set before serving.