Dan Doherty, Chef Director of Duck & Waffle, has teamed up with Love Beetroot to create new recipes packed with superfoods and brimming with flavour, perfect for sharing or side dishes. Today I am sharing one of their dishes:
Mild malt beetroot dip with feta, sesame & lime:
- 200g Mild malt beetroot
- 50g Feta cheese (saving ¼ for garnish)
- 20g Tahini
- Drizzle Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds, black and white
- 1 Lime zest and juice
- Large pinch flat parsley, finely sliced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a food processor, add the beetroot, feta cheese, tahini and lime juice. Blend until completely smooth, adding a tablespoon of water if needed to get it going.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan over a medium heat and set aside to cool.
- To serve, spoon the puree into a pot, and crumble the remaining feta cheese on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the seeds and the parsley over the top. Grate the lime zest over and sprinkle a touch of sea salt and a twist of black pepper to finish.
Recipe and image courtesy of Love Beetroot.