Today I am sharing a tea loaf from top chef, Day Radley..
Low sugar tea loaf
For the tea loaf:
- 35g sultanas
- 90g dried apricots
- 60g chopped dates
- 40g raisins
- 250ml strong black tea
- 1T ground flax + 2T water
- 50g tapioca flour
- 50g rice flour
- 50g oat flour
- 1/4t bicarbonate of soda
- 1t baking powder
- Chop the apricots.
- Put the dried fruit in a bowl with the tea.
- Soak for 6 hours or more.
- Mix the flours and raising agents.
- Add the fruit and tea and mix well.
- Pour into a loaf tin.
- Bake on 180c for 30 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake for another 45 minutes.
For the butter:
- 3T thick aquafaba
- 1/4t salt
- 1/2c sunflower oil
- 1/4c extra virgin olive oil
- Put the aquafaba and salt in a high sided bowl.
- Add a little sunflower oil and blend with a hand blender.
- Keep adding the oil in parts, with each addition blend until you have mixed in all of the sunflower and olive oil.
- Cover the inside of a tupaware box with 2 layers of clingfilm.
- Pour in the butter and freeze for 20 minutes.
- The butter can be kept in the freezer and will remain spreadable.
Recipe and image courtesy of Day Radley.
Day Radley will be appearing at VeggieWorld London. Visit Veggieworld for tickets.