I have a fun and tasty recipe idea to share with you today. Perfect for adding to your Sunday roast:
How To Make Jersey Royal Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Herb Shake in a Bag...
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- 750g Jersey Royal new potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled) and cut in half
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 stems of rosemary, 1 stem leaves finely chopped
- 2 stems of thyme, 1 stem leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp pure sea salt flakes
- 1 x 37cm x 20cm parchment paper cooking bag (available from Sous Chef) OR double up a 37cm x 20cm sheet of parchment paper
- 1 length of butcher’s twine or string
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
2. Put the Jersey Royals in the parchment bag or make a bag out of a double thickness of parchment paper measuring 37cm x 20cm. Fold three sides over, sealing each side with a little beaten egg brushed onto the edge before folding. Leave one side open.
Drizzle the potatoes with the oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Scrunch the top of the bag and tie securely with the twine, or seal once more using the beaten egg before folding. Leave plenty of space around the Jersey Royals.
4. Shake the bag vigorously to ensure the potatoes are well covered in the oil, vinegar and herbs.
Place the bag in a roasting tray and roast for 30- 40 minutes depending on the size of the Jersey Royals.
5. Carefully, pierce the bag to release the steam, then tear open and serve at the table in the parchment bag.
- If you’re hosting a dinner party and short for time, this dish is a simply delicious side. You’ll have time to prepare the main whilst the Jersey Royals are in the oven.
Recipe courtesy of Jersey Royal new potatoes.
Fancy trying this recipe out?