Dan Doherty, Chef Director of Duck & Waffle, has teamed up with Love Beetroot to create new recipes packed with superfoods and brimming with flavour, perfect for sharing or side dishes. Today I am sharing another one of their dishes:
- 4 sheets Filo pastry
- 4 sweet chili beetroots, cut into 1/2cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons ricotta
- Pinch chives, finely chopped
- Pinch nigella seeds
- 50g grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 20g melted butter
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the tart mix, in a bowl add the beetroot, ricotta, egg, chives, nigella seeds and half the Parmesan and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter 4 ramequins and set aside for later.
- Flatten the filo sheets and brush each one with melted butter.
- Fold over itself so it’s half the size, then brush with butter again.
- Rustically put each one into a ramequin, pushing down so it’s touching the bottom.
- Divide the mix between each case.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over each one and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When ready, drizzle with olive oil and either serve in the pots or lift out so it’s released from the pot.
Recipe and image courtesy of Love Beetroot.
You may also like: How To Make Dan Doherty's Mild Malt Beetroot Dip With Fete Sesame & Lime