Fancy making some of these fruit cocktail cake bars?
These cake bars are easy to make and contain tinned fruit so you can make them at any time of the year. No need to wait for these fruits to be in season. These cake bars make lovely little snacks or lunchbox treats.
- 300g sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 480g can Del Monte® Fruit Cocktail in Juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g plain flour
- 11/2 tsps baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 80g flaked coconut
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 100g sugar
- 40g butter or margarine
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
How to make:
1. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and eggs together. Add the fruit cocktail with the juice and vanilla essence and mix well.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased 25cm x 32cm x 2cm baking tray. Sprinkle with the coconut and walnuts.
4. Bake at 160oC/140oC Fan/Gas Mark 3 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, mix and bring the sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Remove from the heat, add vanilla essence and mix well. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and leave to cool. Cut into 15 individual cake bars.
Recipes and images courtesy of Del Monte Europe.
Would you like to make some of these fruit cocktail cake bars?
Let me know if you get to try some.
Or what about these puff pasty peach bites?
Fun to bake over the Easter holiday's with the children or pin for a rainy day. We love baking on rainy days when we can not go too far.