Fancy making an ultimate burger?
This ultimate burger is full of the classic ingredients including beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato and gherkins. All serve up on a burger bun of your choice.
We are loving muffins and brioche buns at the minute. How about you?
This recipe is one you can make all Summer long on the BBQ! I love it when the weather is warm enough to eat outside.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 small onion
- 500g beef mince
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large tomato
- Handful of lettuce
- Sliced Cheese
- 1 jar Opies Cocktail Gherkins
1. Halve the onion. Dice one-half of the onion into small pieces, leaving the other half for later.
2. Place the beef, diced onion and egg into a bowl and mix together
3. Divide the mixture into four and roll the mixture into balls. Once rolled, slightly flatten each one until they’re roughly 3cm thick. Try to make all burgers the same thickness to ensure even cooking times.
4. Place in the fridge to cool to allow each burger to firm for approximately 30 minutes.
5. Cut the other half of the onion into rings to add onto your burger for topping.
6. Heat the barbecue or pan and coat a small amount of oil to each burger.
7. Place the burgers on the heat and cook for 5 minutes until the meat has started to brown. Flip the burger over and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Once cooked, the burger construction can commence. Add the lettuce to the bottom burger bun, followed by the burger. Then customise your burger by adding cheese, tomatoes, onions – and of course, the cocktail gherkins for that extra crunch.
Recipe and image courtesy of Opies
How do you like to make your burgers? On the frying pan, in the oven or on the bbq?