- 300g kale
- 150g pomegranate seeds
- 3 oranges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Sparkling Ice Orange Mango sparkling water
- 50g walnut halves
- Pecorino or parmesan, (optional)
How To Make A Kale, Orange and Pomegranate Salad:
1. First, prepare your kale. Get a sharp knife and a large chopping board and cut out the thick central stem. Discard this part and slice the remaining leaves thinly.
2. Rinse well, preferably in a salad spinner, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. De-segment two and a half of the oranges, removing as much of the pith and membrane as possible. Slice each segment in half. Set aside.
4. Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, the Sparkling Ice orange and mango drink and the juice of half an orange. Pour the dressing over the kale and rub into the leaves for two or three minutes. This stage sometimes called massaging the leaves, is really important as it helps the citrus dressing to make the leaves much softer.
5. Add the orange segments and the pomegranate seeds and mix well (best done with your hands).
6. Transfer to a serving dish.
7. Heat a small frying pan and add the walnut halves. Lightly toast for a couple of minutes, allow to cool and add to the salad. Grate over some pecorino or parmesan if desired.
Recipe and images courtesy of Sparkling Ice
Would you like to try this salad recipe out?
Let me know your thought.