Today I am sharing a recipe for you to try out for Easter:
Meringue Nests With Passion Fruit Coulis And Cadbury Creme Egg Ganache.
Ingredients – for the meringue:
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
Ingredients – for the passion fruit coulis:
- 250 ml passion fruit puree (thawed if frozen)
- 240g sugar
Ingredients– for the Cadbury Creme Egg ganache:
- 5 Cadbury Creme Eggs, melted
- 100g butter
- 8 Cadbury Creme Eggs, cut into small pieces
Method – for the meringue:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 120ºC
2. Put your 2 egg whites into a large clean bowl and whisk on a medium speed. Keep whisking until they form stiff peaks
3. Add the caster sugar (100g) a tablespoon at a time and whisk until combined. The meringue should now look nice and glossy.
4. Now you need to pipe the meringue nests. Line your baking tray with greaseproof paper or non-stick baking sheet. Use a bit of butter to make it stick to the tray
5. Put you meringue into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
6. Start by piping a dot in the centre of your meringue nest, then in one continuous motion go around the dot twice to make a bigger circle, and then go around again on top of the outer circle to make the sides.
7. Repeat until you’ve piped all 8 nests.
Method – for the passion fruit coulis:
1. In a medium sized saucepan, mix the passion fruit and sugar together. Bring to the boil on a medium heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes
2. Put aside to cool.
Method – for the Cadbury Creme Egg Ganache:
1. In a saucepan heat up a small amount of water and place a glass bowl on top (like a bain marie)
2. Place the 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs and butter in the glass bowl and stir until all the ingredients have melted (this should take approximately 4 or 5 mins).The mixture should have a slight gloss and be quite runny.
3. Leave to cool for a minute or two. Drizzle the ganache and coulis over the nest and top with broken pieces of Cadbury Creme Egg
Based on 1 nest (96g)
- Calories – 144 kcal
- Sugar – 16.3g
- Fat – 8g
- Sat Fat – 6g
Recipe courtesy of Cadbury Creme Egg