Happy Easter Monday.
Do you like to make a good old fashioned bread and butter pudding?
If so, do you fancy making this California raisin & apricot bread & butter pudding recipe?
This afternoon treat is made with 50/50 bread or white bread depending on your preference. Full of juicy California Raisins and chopped dried apricots. Also made with delicious double cream for that extra special touch. How tasty!
- 8 slices of thick sliced bread (50/50 or white bread)
- 75g butter at room temperature
- 75g Caster sugar
- 50g California Raisins
- 25g chopped dried apricots
- 300 ml milk
- 100ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
- 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar
How to make Raisin & Apricot Bread & Butter Pudding:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/355F/Gas 4
2. Butter the bread and cut into 4 triangles leaving the crusts on.
3. In a baking dish (approx 20cm * 28 cm, 6cm deep) that has been lightly greased, arrange a layer of bread (buttered side up) and sprinkle with raisins and apricots, and then overlap with the next layer, again sprinkle with raisins and apricots. Continue to do this till all the bread is used up.
4. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract and mixed spice. Gently pour this over the arranged bread and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle the Demerara sugar over the soaked bread.
5. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.
Recipe and image courtesy of California Raisins.
Serve warm with ice cream, custard or cream, yummy!!
What do you think?
Fancy trying this California Raisin & Apricot Bread & Butter Pudding recipe out?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below if you get to make it.